Who else is ready for warmer spring weather? This vegan lemon bread recipe by “Chocolate Covered Katie, The Healthy Dessert Blog,” creates the perfect zesty sweet to warm your soul during these final weeks of winter. Get ready to put your baking skills to work!
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 10-13 slices
• 2 cups flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup sugar (or xylitol for sugar free)
• 3/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice
• 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt, such as almond milk yogurt
• 1/4 cup oil (or sub applesauce for fat free)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• Zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons (1 tablespoon total – don’t omit)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
4. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir until evenly mixed.
6. Spread onto pan; bake 50-55 minutes.
7. If desired, frost with melted coconut butter or 1/2 cup powdered sugar combined with 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk of choice.9
We hope you enjoy this lemon cake as much as we do! As you wait for warmer weather, remember that Wearever has you protected through all seasons of the year with our absorptive selection of men’s briefs and women’s panties.