What brings feelings of winter coziness more than a nice cup of hot chocolate? This recipe from the Minimalist Vegan is indulgent and bursting with flavor. Take a look at the recipe and preparation instructions below, and get ready to enjoy this velvety chocolate treat with the entire family!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
Total time:15 mins
• 2 cups + 2 tablespoons soy milk
• 1/2 teaspoon corn flour
• 2 tablespoons cacao powder
• 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate or chocolate chips
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Coconut cream (optional)
• Grated vegan chocolate for topping (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, add the 2 cups of soy milk and bring to a boil.
2. While you wait for the milk to a boil, mix the remainder of the milk with corn flour in a small cup and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the cacao powder, coconut sugar and salt. Set aside.
4. Once the milk has been brought to a boil, reduce heat and whisk in the milk and corn flour mixture, followed by the cacao powder mix. Whisk for a minute.
5. Add in the vegan chocolate chips and vanilla extract and stir for a couple of minutes. The mixture will have thickened up by now and is ready to serve.
6. Enjoy with a dollop of coconut cream and some grated vegan chocolate.
We hope you love this decadent, thick Italian hot chocolate! While this hot, vegan beverage will keep you snug and warm during the winter months, remember that Wearever will protect you all year long with our absorptive selection of men’s briefs and women’s panties.