Who doesn’t love a piping-hot bowl of soup, especially during those chilly winter months? If you’re looking to branch out from the typical tomato or chicken noodle soup, this Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup is the creamy, comforting recipe you’ve been searching for. Perfect for people who don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, this soul-soothing dish can be prepped and cooked in just 40 minutes total! Check out the nutritious ingredients and cooking instructions below, and get ready to serve up a mouthful of flavor!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
• 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
• 15 oz. can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
• 5 garlic cloves peeled and left whole
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (a carrot peeler works great for peeling)
• 32 oz. carton vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• Optional garnish: additional salt and pepper, reserved roasted cauliflower/chickpea mix, red pepper flakes, cooked diced bacon, minced chives
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat, foil or cooking spray.
2. Toss cauliflower florets, chickpeas and garlic in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and paprika. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Reserve 1/2-3/4 cup cauliflower/chickpea mixture for garnish (more chickpeas than cauliflower).
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add cubed potato and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable broth and increase heat to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer uncovered until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove pot from heat and add roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and almond milk; stir to combine.
5. Puree the soup until smooth using an immersion blender or transfer soup to food processor or blender (working in batches, as needed).
6. Return soup to pot and gently rewarm. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with desired garnish and enjoy.
We hope you enjoy this sweet and savory winter dish! While this soup will keep you warm from the cold temperatures, remember that Wearever will keep you comfortable all winter long by protecting you from light to heavy leakage with our men’s and women’s incontinence products. Check out the full recipe from Kim’s Cravings here, and happy cooking!