Do you find yourself craving sweet treats more and more during the holiday season? We’ll let you in on a secret — there are lots of delicious, healthier alternatives to traditional desserts that you can enjoy guilt-free. Give the entire family a minty taste of the holidays with this Vegan Candy Cane Christmas Cake packed with flavor, courtesy of Healthy Happy Life!
• Topping with crushed vegan candy cane and more for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 2-3 seven-inch cake rounds.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Add the sugar, coconut oil, flax egg, vanilla, peppermint, cider vinegar, applesauce and vegan milk.
4. Beat the batter until smooth.
5. Pour batter into cake rounds and bake for 18-28 minutes based on the number of layers and size of your cake. Three layers using seven-inch rounds will fully bake in 25 minutes.
6. Remove cake from oven and let sit for ten minutes. Then remove from pan and carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
7. About a half hour before you want to frost your cake, whip up the frosting. Add everything to a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. (Optional tip: fold crushed candy canes right into your frosting.) Place frosting in fridge for 20 minutes before frosting cake.
8. Frost cake. Add crushed candy canes on top. Then serve!
Eating healthy sweets can be just as scrumptious as traditional baked goods — it all depends on choosing the correct ingredients to enhance all the right flavors. We hope you have a merry good time creating this refreshing vegan dessert!