Even if chicken is your favorite healthier protein choice, your taste buds can get tired of the same old cooking style, marinades and flavors. Surprise your taste buds (and your family, too) with this crispy baked lemon chicken recipe packed with flavor:
• 2 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
• 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1 lemon, juiced (set aside) and zested
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon additional salt
• Cooking spray
• 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
• 2 cups sliced zucchini
• 4 slices provolone cheese
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a shallow bowl or pie dish, mix together the panko bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon zest and garlic powder. 3. One piece at a time, brush the chicken on one side with the melted butter. Place buttered side down into the panko bread crumb mixture. Brush more of the butter on the other side and flip to coat the other side with the panko bread crumb mixture. 4. Arrange the pieces of chicken on the baking sheet. Drizzle the lemon juice on top of each piece. Feel free to skip the lemon juice if you’re avoiding citrus. Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes. 5. While the chicken is baking, add the broccoli and zucchini to a bowl. Mix in the olive oil and the 1/2 teaspoon additional salt until the veggies are coated. 6. Remove the pan from the oven. Gently flip the chicken over and arrange all of the veggies on the pan around the chicken. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked thoroughly and the vegetables are tender. 7. Switch oven to broil. Place a slice of provolone cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the vegetables and broil for about 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve.
From prep to finish, you can have this one-of-a-kind recipe on the table in just 35 minutes — meaning it is quick and easy to cook regardless of how much or little time you have on your hands. Check out the full recipe here, and take another step toward living your best life 24/7/365 with Wearever.