Although wrinkles are a natural and inevitable part of the aging process, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatments that exist for minimizing (or even getting rid of) certain creases and lines in our skin. If you’d prefer to steer clear of invasive procedures like plastic surgery, Botox injections, Restylane fillers and more, there are tons of products that can achieve similar anti-aging results.
Prevention magazine recently sat down with certified dermatologists to chat about the best anti-aging creams on the market. Here are some of the top recommended products that passed their tests, factoring in ingredients, sensitivity, texture, hydration and more.
1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer
This rapid wrinkle repair moisturizer is perfect for applying before bed, as it is a mild retinol product. Retinol, commonly known as vitamin A, helps to reverse sun damage, tighten pores and decrease wrinkles when applied to skin. According to board-certified dermatologist Tsippora Shainhouse, MD, Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer helps bring new skin cells to the surface and even encourages new collagen growth, promoting healthy skin texture and shape!
2. NEOCUTIS Lumière Bio-restorative Eye CreamThis product isn’t your average restorative eye cream. According to Joel Schlessinger, MD, NEOCUTIS Lumière Bio-restorative Eye Cream helps to reduce puffiness and improve crow’s feet wrinkles, making it a one-stop shop for eye repair.Get ready to say goodbye to those pesky dark circles!
3. Ole Henriksen Goodnight Glow Retin-Alt Sleeping Crème
Have you ever heard of bakuchiol? In short, it’s a retinol alternative found in certain plants and is chock-full of anti-inflammatories and antioxidants! According to dermatologist Erum Ilyas, MD, Ole Henriksen Goodnight Glow Retin-Alt Sleeping Crème delivers similar benefits but is gentler on the skin, when compared to retinol-based products.
4. Naturopathica Argan & Retinol Wrinkle Repair Night Cream
If you have sensitive skin, you’re probably pretty selective when it comes to beauty products. According to Dr. Ilyas, Naturopathica Argan & Retinol Wrinkle Repair Night Cream uses argan to hydrate sensitive skin while boosting the benefits of retinol by reducing potential irritation.
5. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 15
Dry skin, uneven skin tone, wrinkles and dark spots don’t stand a chance against this Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer from Olay. This product is full of vitamins and antioxidants that help encourage youthful skin by aiding the body’s natural renewal process of replacing dead skin cells with new cells.